Come to Karla and Bhaja Caves that is a conglomeration of rock-cut caves that brings alive the architecture dating back the 2nd century B.C. and the 5th century B.C. that you can tour with comfortable transportation from Mumbai.
About the Trip
It takes 8 hours to reach
We accept mobile or printed vouchers
You receive instant confirmation about the booking
A live guide to accompany you
We offer pick-up services from your Mumbai accommodation
Easy cancellation services with a full refund if canceled before 24 hours
What you would experience
The highlights –
- These rock-cut caves have Buddhist sculptures, carvings, paintings, descriptions that is something you cannot miss.
- These caves were home to Buddhist monks who allowed traders and travelers of the Arabian Sea to rest during their journey.
- You get the chance to discover the Karla caves by foot while looking at each detail.
- It is a must visit place whenever you visit Lonavala.
- It consists of the largest rock-cut prayer hall in India
- The walls contain sculptures of women musicians and dancers that indicate that even 2000 years ago, musical instruments were a trend.
- The caves take you back in time and allow you to imagine life back then.
Transportation and more
Once we pick you up from Mumbai, it takes around 3 hours for us to reach this location which is roughly around 10 am.
After arrival, most of the exploration takes place on feet where you have to climb roughly around 200 steps and then reach the caves. These caves were built by the Buddhist monks as they wanted to find solace here amidst hills.
You can enjoy quick meals at the restaurants around and a walk through the Bhaja caves would complete your outing while driving back to Mumbai.
The fees include
Transportation by luxury air-conditioned car
A guide who speaks in English
Charges for tolls, parking, and other taxes included
No food offered from our end